Carried By Christ

O Lord, You have searched me and known me. You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off. You comprehend my path and my lying down, And are acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word on my tongue, But behold, O Lord, You know it altogether. Psalm 139:1-4

Friday, July 06, 2007

Peaceful Advice

This poem was published in an anthology called "A Break In The Clouds." I wrote it June 20, 1992.


Peaceful Advice

Go peacefully among the chaos and noise of life,
And remember silence may bring you peace.
The humble may pass through life unknown to many,
But God shall remember their guardship of peace.

Truth shall come with silence and observation,
But words of others can shadow the truth.
The truth may lead to fulfillment in life,
But keep your memory of humility and truth.

Strive for the upper reaches in life,
But keep integrity within your sight.
The Lord will reward the keeper of peace,
But success may escape the one who fights.

Even in loss the spirit will guide you,
Allow the Lord to lovingly carry you,
Strength often builds through our lowest times,
He never leaves us but sets us anew.

Whether you can see his plans for your life,
Or if you are stumbling searching his will;
The Lord God will guide you safely through life,
And reward you in thanks and a life that fulfills.

1 Comments:

At 3:44 PM, Blogger bigwhitehat said...

I like it. You should do all the beatitudes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home