Carried By Christ

O Lord, You have searched me and known me. You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off. You comprehend my path and my lying down, And are acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word on my tongue, But behold, O Lord, You know it altogether. Psalm 139:1-4

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Motives

I wrote a piece about motives on my Political Pistachio site tonight, and cross-posted it at all of my other political sites. I also dropped a poem off at my Defender of the Blahs site. And it got me thinking, what are my motives?

The Lord sees into my heart, and whenever we do anything in our lives, the actions we take are important, and should honor and praise Him, but I wonder how often deep down that is truly our motive.

What is good about it, though, is the Lord knows my heart, and even when my motives aren't what they ought to be, He forgives me. And when the difficulties arise based on the poor seeds I had sown, He Carries Me.

Thank you, Jesus, for your comfort and sacrifice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home