Carried By Christ

O Lord, You have searched me and known me. You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off. You comprehend my path and my lying down, And are acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word on my tongue, But behold, O Lord, You know it altogether. Psalm 139:1-4

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Exodus 3:1-2


1 Now Moses was tending the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian. And he led the flock to the back of the desert, and came to Horeb, the mountain of God. 2 And the Angel of the LORD appeared to him in a flame of fire from the midst of a bush. So he looked, and behold, the bush was burning with fire, but the bush was not consumed.

This event happened in the midst of common and ordinary toil. The Lord delights in seeking a person on an ordinary road. His will, sometimes, takes the most subtle form, often without sensational happenings. We have duties in the valleys that require work and endurance, and often it is during such labors that the divine fire leaps out at our feet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home