Carried By Christ

O Lord, You have searched me and known me. You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off. You comprehend my path and my lying down, And are acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word on my tongue, But behold, O Lord, You know it altogether. Psalm 139:1-4

Friday, February 16, 2007

Job 23:11-12

For I have stayed in God's paths; I have followed his ways and not turned aside. I have not departed from his commands but have treasured his word in my heart. (NLT)

Job was aware of God's omnipresience, but confused by the storms and trials he was enduring. He could get no fixed view of God's merciful presence, nor find comfort by spreading his case before Him. His views had become gloomy. God seemed to watch from a distance, and for all Job knew, was frowning upon him. Yet, during his darkest hour Job expressed his assurance that he should be brought forth, tried, and approved, for he had obeyed the precepts of God. He had relished and delighted in the truths and commandments of God.

1 Comments:

At 7:26 PM, Blogger Bro Larry said...

Hi brother Douglas just dropped by to see what you were up to. Good Post. I switched to the new blogger and am having trouble logging on. Shouldn't have switched. But they said they had all the bugs out. HA.
Blessings

 

Post a Comment

<< Home