Carried By Christ

O Lord, You have searched me and known me. You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off. You comprehend my path and my lying down, And are acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word on my tongue, But behold, O Lord, You know it altogether. Psalm 139:1-4

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Job 8:1-19


Job's friends accused him of evil doings. That must be the explanation for his plite. But Job recognized that not to be the case. He spoke about purpose.

Bildad disagrees, disputing Job angrily, asking Job how he could speak these evil things. And like us in our daily lives, Bildad was quick to treat a man recognizing God's plan with sharpness and contempt. As Bildad toward Job, we carry unfavorable opinions to people that speak the truth, but enables us to look into our own lives and see that we don't wish to recognize God's purpose when things are going wrong. We expect our walk with Christ to be without storms. Without trial.
God's judgement does not necessarily always utilize extraordinary afflictions for the punishment of extraordinary sins. In fact, more often than not, extreme afflictions are nothing more than trials of extraordinary graces, instruments in acheiving God's Will. So rather than judging our friends who face hardship, we ought to take the favorable side.

Bildad states to Job that if he were indeed upright, he would eventually see a good end of his present troubles. This is God's way of enriching the souls of his people with graces and comforts. The beginning is miniature, but the progress builds to perfection. Dawning light grows to noon-day brightness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home