Carried By Christ

O Lord, You have searched me and known me. You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off. You comprehend my path and my lying down, And are acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word on my tongue, But behold, O Lord, You know it altogether. Psalm 139:1-4

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Wherefore, sirs, be of good cheer: for I believe God, that it shall be even as it was told me. Acts 27:25

There are degrees to faith. At one stage we have difficulty believing unless we have some sign or some great manifestation of feeling. Though it may be true faith, it is imperfect. This kind of faith searches for some token beside the Word of God. This kind of faith believes when there are favorable emotions.

A later form of faith, as we grow in Him, believes God and His Word when circumstances, emotions, appearances, people, and human reason all urge to the contrary.

My wife and I, years ago, faced unfavorable circumstances, and how quickly we forgot that although it seemed like God had abandoned us, He was there all along. Our faith needed to grow so that we may recognize His presence, even though it was the darkest of times. And as we stood in court, tossing venom at each other, the Lord touched my wife, and she proclaimed to the judge: "All I know is that I want my husband back."

She had recognized that she was fallable, able to fall away without even noticing it, and we both recognized that only God could reconcile us.

"Just Love Her," my dad told me.

And I did.

I had faith that God had everything under control. We had faith that He was the reason we were together. We had faith that God knew what He was doing when He brought us together, and after many difficult years of prayer and "trial and error" we came together, and are now united and as strong as ever, with God's scripture guiding us.

May God give us faith to fully trust His Word though everything else witnesses the other way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home