Carried By Christ

O Lord, You have searched me and known me. You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off. You comprehend my path and my lying down, And are acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word on my tongue, But behold, O Lord, You know it altogether. Psalm 139:1-4

Monday, March 05, 2007

Amos, Chapter One

The first chapter of the Book of Amos describes God's judgment against Israel's neighbors, specifically the Syrians, Philistines, Tyrians, Edomites, and Ammonites.

GOD employed Amos, a shepherd, to reprove and warn the people. A simple man. This is how God works, sometimes. Those who God uses shouldn't doubt that God should use them because of their origin, or their employment. And through this simple man mighty judgments were denounced against Israel's neighbouring nations, the oppressors of God's people. They had gone beyond the measure of their sins, and were ripe for vengeance. The method in dealing with these nations was, in part, the same, yet in each there was something unique. In all ages this bitterness has been shown against the Lord's people. And when the Lord reckons with his enemies, how tremendous are His judgments!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home