Carried By Christ

O Lord, You have searched me and known me. You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off. You comprehend my path and my lying down, And are acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word on my tongue, But behold, O Lord, You know it altogether. Psalm 139:1-4

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Shall I not drink the cup the Father has given me? John 18:11

Daily we receive heavy burdens that we must bear. "It is the will of God that I must suffer," you will hear some say. Perhaps.

But when we experience difficult roads doing the will of God, and we know it is the will of God, and we continue to move forward, and praise His name as we do, that is the highest form of faith.

Our lives are a result of the decisions we make, and sometimes factors out of our control take part as well. Sometimes we are alone in our struggles. Sometimes health factors set us back. Sometimes it is our faith itself that is challenged by the persecution from others. And in the darkest times, we still turn and praise Him.

That is faith at its highest.

But that kind of faith cannot be reached unless we surrender ourselves to Christ.

He is in control, but as long as we try to use our own devices to solve the matters before us, we are doomed to fail. His will may not be your will, but an entirely different path altogether, but how will you ever know that if you are never willing to allow yourself to die and rest in his embrace?

Place it all in His hands. He desires to take care of you. His will be done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home