Carried By Christ

O Lord, You have searched me and known me. You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off. You comprehend my path and my lying down, And are acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word on my tongue, But behold, O Lord, You know it altogether. Psalm 139:1-4

Friday, July 21, 2006

2 Corinthians 4:17

Our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.

I have just returned from the doctor's office for blacking out in a parking lot. This followed a week of hospitalization of my wife of which I spent the entire time with her, receiving very little sleep, and a time in which she received 5 units of blood (two one day, and three more units three days later).

I don't know if this is considered courage and patience in the light of suffering, but this verse in 2 Corinthians sure came to mind during this time of suffering that my wife and I have just endured.

Achieving is the key word in this verse. These momentary troubles are achieving for us something very good, something that "far outweighs them all."

Faith is the substance of things hoped for, and the trials of our lives bring us to what the Lord has planned. Without these trials the road would be impassable because the events of our past would not have led us to that road, and we would not have the time-tested strengths to make our way down such a road. The Lord knows what He is doing, and it is our faith that will enable us to reach the destination He has prepared for us. The road, and the destination, may not be what we desire, but in His wisdom, that is the road and destination we must achieve.

Jesus promised to get us across the sea through all of the storms and tribulations. He never promised that it would be a smooth ride, only that he would get us there safely. Through the storms, however, we will be stronger, wiser, and more equipped to handle our future. We must only place it all in the Lord's hands.

And the eternal glory far outweighs them all - - our faith will lead us to Him.

Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home