Carried By Christ

O Lord, You have searched me and known me. You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off. You comprehend my path and my lying down, And are acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word on my tongue, But behold, O Lord, You know it altogether. Psalm 139:1-4

Sunday, July 23, 2006

What is faith? It is the confident assurance that what we hope for is going to happen. It is the evidence of things we cannot yet see. Hebrews 11:1

Faith is the mark of God's servants. Our hope is the object of our faith. It is an expectation that God will perform all he has promised to us in Christ. This gives the soul joy. Faith proves to the mind that things that cannot be seen by the bodily eye exist. It is an approval of all God has revealed, as holy, just, and good. Faith reveals itself in many examples of persons in former times, who obtained a good report, or an honourable character in the word of God. Faith was the principle of their holy obedience, remarkable services, and patient sufferings. The Bible gives the most true and exact account of the origin of all things, and we are to believe it, and not to wrest the Scripture account of the creation, because it does not suit with the differing fancies of men. All that we see was created by God, and it is our faith that tells us that this is so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home