Carried By Christ

O Lord, You have searched me and known me. You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off. You comprehend my path and my lying down, And are acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word on my tongue, But behold, O Lord, You know it altogether. Psalm 139:1-4

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Psalm 121:3


He will not let you stumble; the one who watches over you will not slumber.

God is in charge of our lives. One of His greatest gifts to us is free will. Because of that gift, he allows what we would call "bad things" to happen. But, as life progresses, we learn that the lessons we learned in life came from those times of crisis, those trials and storms. During these times we reach out to Him, and in the process we more often than not learn life's most important lessons.

This kind of experience is not the result of random events, however. Our storms are specific events chosen by the Lord for their timing and purpose.

Christ carries us during these times. We are under his protective care even when we feel like He may not be. He never sleeps on the job, and he never leaves us. Even the smallest details are important to Him. He is aware of what we are going through, and in the end, it all works out to His glory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home