Carried By Christ

O Lord, You have searched me and known me. You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off. You comprehend my path and my lying down, And are acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word on my tongue, But behold, O Lord, You know it altogether. Psalm 139:1-4

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Attacked by Protesting Gay Activists

I have proudly displayed a "Yes On 8" sign on my big rig for weeks. I proudly display a couple of Christian bumper stickers on my car and pick-up truck. The thanks I have gotten for that is profanity launched at me from protesters, middle fingers pointed in my direction by motorists and pedestrians after viewing my "Yes On 8" sign, name-calling (often coupled with profanity), people slamming their hands on my hood and fists on my side window, and items thrown at me (and once hitting me on the side of the head since I had my window down) by members of the homosexual community here in California.

They call for tolerance as they cry out for me to denounce my faith so that they can justify their immoral behavior.

And they have the nerve to call Christians "haters."

Christianity, based on biblical text, determined homosexuality to be a sinful behavior long before the crisis we now face regarding gay marriage in today's society surfaced. As evidenced by the ongoing push for gay marriage, homosexuality is passing into the mainstream of an ever increasingly secular society. The gay lifestyle is even making inroads within some Christian denominations.

Sex is a creation of God. He pronounced in Genesis that all of His creations are good. Therefore, sexuality is not sinful, and is a wonderful part of God’s plan for a married relationship.

God put a limit on sexual activity, however: sex is meant to be enjoyed in the context of marriage – not outside of it. Specifically, sex is to be enjoyed within the context of a marriage between a man and a woman.

Genesis 2:24-25 - Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

Hebrews 13:4 - Marriage is honorable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

The sexual sins of homosexuality, promiscuity, adultery, prostitution, et cetera, are sins simply because they do not conform to the limit of sex being a marital activity.

As much as the pro-gay agenda wants to proclaim that homosexuality is normal, or somehow an unchosen part of who they are, understand that God made men and women different, both emotionally and physically. He created mean and women to fit together anatomically with parts that match up. The homosexual is trying to justify unnatural unions in blatant disregard for God’s natural design!

God gave us sex, and the single rule of marriage for its use. To use sex for a purpose outside of God’s plan of marriage between a man and a woman is unnatural, and a perversion.

As a kid I remember when I first read the story of the men of Sodom and Gomorrah and how they rejected the offering of Lot's daughters because they wanted Lot's angelic visitors so that they could have sex with them. I shuddered with disgust at the thought of men being so blinded and twisted by their sinful desires that they would be pounding on the door like animals in heat demanding sex with a couple of strange and unknown men. I understood immediately the sinfulness of their perverted desires, and how, as also stated in Jude chapter seven, Sodom and Gomorrah’s destruction was due to their sexual perversion.

Romans 1:26-27 - For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly. . .

I don't think it gets any clearer than that that biblical text proclaims homosexuality to be a sin.

Now, in today's secular culture, the gay subculture is using the media and the schools as their mouthpieces and tools for marginalizing those that take a moral, biblical stance on the issue. As a Christian it is wrong to act out violently or hatefully against homosexuals as has some in the Christian Community (Such as Phelps and his Westboro followers), but that does not mean that we should willfully allow the perversion to take hold in our society, either.

Remember, however, that these people are struggling with this sin, just as others struggle with other habitual sins - and in the end they are simply people who live without Christ.

God gave us his laws for our benefit, to protect us from the consequences of sin. We have free will, and often we stumble, but sometimes our sins affect more than only ourselves. As in the case of homosexuality, HIV and AIDS is no longer exclusive to homosexuals, though still much more rampant and spreading more quickly among the gay community. Now, as a result of homosexual and bi-sexual behavior, the disease is among the heterosexuals, and it places our children at risk as well.

Because of the impact this behavior is having on our children, and the impact it is having on the overall morality of the society we live in, we must not be afraid to stand up and champion the cause of morality. The homosexuals may be using names against Christians like "bigots" and "homophobes" for believing that homosexuality is a sin, but we cannot let their name-calling soften our stance on God’s moral code. The gay agenda can only weaken our stance, or shake our resolve, if we allow it. We must show love, and we must continuously champion God’s love toward the homosexual without condoning his or her behavior.

If Christ's love shines through us, our example of the morality God desires may speak to some of the people imprisoned by this perverted behavior.

1 Comments:

At 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen brother. It is so common for gay people to call Christians "haters" and "discriminiaters". The homosexual neurosis is a very complex subject, and I'm not one to judge them. But wrong is wrong, and God's word does not lie. I believe it is a cross they must carry, if they choose to carry it by following Christ. It's not an easy one to carry, I'm sure. Trickery of the devil, most definitely. Feel free to come to my blog and take my survey and also read and comment on my blogs. I love the input. God bless!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home