Carried By Christ

O Lord, You have searched me and known me. You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off. You comprehend my path and my lying down, And are acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word on my tongue, But behold, O Lord, You know it altogether. Psalm 139:1-4

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 1John 1:8

Pride is a sin in its self. None of us are perfect, righteous, or sinless. When we received Christ, however, we were no longer under the control of sin. We became new creations in Christ. We still struggle with the temptation of sin, and it is only human to have lapses. In fact, Scripture clearly teaches that we will sin even after our conversion. But the difference is, as a Christian when we sin we feel shame, and work to correct ourselves. We desire to please Him. Those lost without Christ do not feel what we feel. They sin habitually, persistently and continually. True conversion, accompanied with true faith, results in good fruit. We are not saved by our works, but surely our works should reflect our salvation. And through it all, our pride should melt away, and humility ought to replace it.

It is easy for us to sin. Every time we obey God and resist sin, our new nature in Him builds itself stronger.

2 Comments:

At 6:49 PM, Blogger Bro Larry said...

Great Post Bro Doug. Did you get my Email?

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Bro Larry said...

Ididn't get the email please send again Bro Larry

 

Post a Comment

<< Home