Carried By Christ

O Lord, You have searched me and known me. You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off. You comprehend my path and my lying down, And are acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word on my tongue, But behold, O Lord, You know it altogether. Psalm 139:1-4

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Facing the Giants

This post speaks of football, but has nothing to do with football. It touches upon the win by the Arkansas Razorbacks college football team over number two ranked Auburn, but it really has little to do with the Hogs as well. This post is about something bigger, something portrayed in a big way by the movie, Facing the Giants.

I first heard about the motion picture on Air 1 Radio, a Christian radio network that has a station out of Yucaipa, California that I listen to. They mentioned that the movie was produced, or something like that, by a church out of Georgia using church volunteers. They mentioned that Sony Pictures was distributing it and that the film was highly inspirational.

I've seen some inspirational movies, but I wasn't ready for what I thought would be an obviously low-budget film with lousy acting and a mediocre story.

Still, curious about the film, I began to look around on the internet about it, and I found that Facing the Giants was putting up some pretty spectacular numbers for such a small film. Then I read something that really caught my attention.

The Arkansas Razorbacks football team was beat handedly by the USC Trojans in game one of the season. Under the leadership of a freshman quarterback they had put together a string of wins against beatable teams, and were now going to face the Auburn Tigers. Auburn, at the time, was ranked number 2 in the nation. The Tigers were faster, bigger, and more talented. Arkansas would be lucky to score once, much less to win the game. Houston Nutt, Arkansas' Head Coach, took the team to see Facing the Giants in preparation for this game, and then they went on to defeat the Auburn Tigers in a game that is being considered as the biggest upset in College Football this season.

Okay, now I was convinced. This movie must be inspirational.

Facing the Giants is more than inspirational. The movie is soul-inspiring, waking up my sleeping spirit and it encouraged me to pray, and believe that there is nothing that God cannot do.

Yes, the film is obviously low-budget and the talent is not the best that the entertainment industry has to offer. But who cares? Facing the Giants is tied for the best film of the year, in my opinion, and of course the film it is tied with is another inspiring film, End of the Spear.

See Facing the Giants. It is awesome. You will sit on the edge of your seat with your palms together and tears streaming down your face. You will walk out of that theater a changed person.

With God, all things are possible.

God Bless.

1 Comments:

At 1:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Love this!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home