Carried By Christ

O Lord, You have searched me and known me. You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off. You comprehend my path and my lying down, And are acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word on my tongue, But behold, O Lord, You know it altogether. Psalm 139:1-4

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Matthew 5:14

You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden.

As Christians all eyes are upon us. Though it is by grace that we are saved, not by works, our fruit is what the world watches. Do we sin, even after the Saving Grace of our Lord? Of course. Like all humans, we are fallible. Perfection is hardly a trait that any Christian (or anybody but Christ) is capable of. But as a Christian, a changed creature with an enlivened spirit, habitual sin is something that should not be a problem anymore. In all of my thoughts Jesus dwells within them, and in all of my actions His light should be apparent. By proclaiming Christ as our savior we are calling upon eyes to watch us, and it is up to us to represent Him with good fruit. A lukewarm Christian can be more damaging to Christianity than a non-Christian who bashes Christianity. Let the Light of Jesus shine through all that we do and say.

1 Comments:

At 9:21 PM, Blogger David Dominguez said...

Amen! Thank you for the reminder that our example says more than all our words.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home