Carried By Christ

O Lord, You have searched me and known me. You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off. You comprehend my path and my lying down, And are acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word on my tongue, But behold, O Lord, You know it altogether. Psalm 139:1-4

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Hebrews 12:1

Let us run with patience.

Run with patience. Running tends to suggest a lack of patience, or absence of patience, because of the eagerness to reach the goal. We commonly associate patience with waiting, sitting, or lying down. But there is a more difficult patience, the patience that can run. To be quiet and patient implies strength, but imagine the difficulty of being patient when running. This is when we are called to be patient not as we wait, but on the street, as our lives run, and during active service. It is waiting for the goal while doing the lesser work in the meantime. It is toiling forward for other's sake when all of our hopes are gone, bearing down on our duties, being the best for the sake of others, while patiently searching for God's Will in our lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home